Friday, April 10, 2020

What's Next

Existing Market
  1. The main venture for my product is to develop an app that shows the wait times at restaurants. On this app I want to give users the ability to rate accuracy of wait times and give feedback of what in the app can be improved upon.
  2. What makes the most sense to grow in my current market is to first secure a couple of popular restaurants that will want to be included in the app if a certain number of people download the app. Once I secure this, I will start advertising to students at my school of this new app that shows wait times at restaurants. I would continue to advertise to new freshman classes to get more students interested in the app as there will be a quick four year turnover of people who use this app. It makes the most sense to target college students first because of the ease of access and the very smartphone app centered society that is college students.
  3. To continue to grow, I should start providing ways to review restaurants that people ate at in order to increase the use of the app and the types of customers that it would reach. Also, once a loyal customer base has been achieved, I may roll out a subscription based upgrade to the app for people to access more features and for the app to be ad free.

New Market
  1. My main target in the existing market is college kids who usually eat at fast food restaurants. I think I will expand to cater to people who are more affluent or may want to eat at nicer restaurants. I would add in the wait time to be seated at these restaurants and give the ability to users to place reservations straight from the app.
  2. This will create value to these people because (1) they will have an easy and convenient way to make reservations to some of their favorite restaurants, and (2) they will have the ability to find restaurants with the shortest wait time if they did not make reservations at a restaurant.
  3. I think that people in this market would be happy to hear about the ability to know the wait times at nice restaurants. Many people either decide that they want to go to a nice sit-down restaurant at the spur of a moment, or just never think of making reservations. This app could help them find restaurants with short wait times as well as help them make reservations.
  4. This venture could also be expanded to super markets and grocery stores such as Walmart, Target and Publix. This app could be the one-stop shop for anyone's wait time needs.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Patrick,
    I think adding your app to nicer restaurants will help succeed. However, they may already be an app that does wait time for longer restaurants. I think it will be great if you are able to make the reservations directly through the app instead of calling because it is much easier for people. Also, I think it would be a great idea to eventually expand to grocery stores. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patrick, I think that you’re on the write track to do what’s next. Saying this, I do think you’ll succeed and your idea will be successful when continuing taking the next steps. Great job!

    ReplyDelete