Friday, February 7, 2020

Solving the Problem

  1. The problem is not knowing how long a line is at a restaurant before showing up to it.
  2. I think the best way to solve this problem is by partnering with restaurants and implementing a sensor at the door that would track how many people have entered and exited the store. This information would then be sent to an app that a potential customer could see on their phone and know a rough estimate of how many people are waiting in line at the store at one time. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Patrick,
    I think this is a cool idea! I really like when I put my name down on a waiting list and yelp will tell me how many people are in front of me. I think a service that would allow you to know the wait before you arrive would be really useful, and could save customers some time. However, it may be difficult to get a lot of restaurants on board, since you would have to get them to install a sensor in the doors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patrick,
    I think this is a great idea to give people a rough estimate of how many people are at the restaurant. I think if you could leave your name on a wait list in addition to knowing how many people are there, it would make the app more effective and very frequently used. Some people do not like eating in a crowded i=environment so this help can also assist those people. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patrick,
    I think that this is a great idea. I work in a restaurant myself and so many people complain about having to wait. If this could be implemented, it could reduce the stress on the restaurant and avoid making customers wait for excessive periods of time thus improving customer satisfaction. Most people today do not have the patience to wait for a while due to our fast moving society.

    ReplyDelete