Friday, February 21, 2020

Idea Napkin No. 1

  1. My name is Patrick Schreiber and I am a second-year finance student at the University of Florida. One of my main talents or skills is that i am very analytical. Whether it is a math problem or a societal problem, I enjoy analyzing all possible solutions and outcomes. This analytical drive assists me in my internship where I conduct a lot of data analysis. I aspire to get a job in investment banking out of college and then proceed to a more analytical role that revolves around market analysis in finance. If I were to truly pursue this business idea, it would take a large part in my life because I pride myself in putting in my all to run the business. However, I believe that there are so many opportunities in life and so much to learn from failure that if the idea doesn't take off as I would hope, I would have no problem moving on to the next project.
  2. This product will give customers a real-time prediction of the wait time at different restaurants through simple access on their mobile device.
  3. This product will truly be offered to everyone. However, there are some people that never eat out at restaurants, so they would not be included in the target market.
  4. As the old saying goes, time is money. Therefore, I believe people would be willing to pay money to save time. Also, the app will include discounts at the different restaurants whose wait times are being monitored.
  5. I have a drive that sets me apart from others. When I see an opportunity, I put my best into it. In high school when I saw a lack in the youth involvement in lacrosse, I took it upon myself to start a summer lacrosse camp that would increase the exposure of lacrosse to the kids in my community.
I think that these elements all mesh well with each other. I think that my personality as well as my skills make this product strong and an attainable one. The only problem that I currently have is how to monetize this product. I could make customers have to pay for the service, but it seems hard to make them commit to that. I could overlay ads throughout the product, but ads ruin the consumer interface. That is the only element of this product that I am currently having trouble with.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Patrick,
    I think being an analytical person will help you succeed in the entrepreneurial world. Also, having a positive mindset will help you get further in your career as well. I agree with you that there is so much to learn from failing sometimes because you can know where you need to improve. Overall, I think your idea is an opportunity that is needed in today's society and will succeed.

    ReplyDelete